With each release we will be adding more Data Vault 2.0 table templates, helpful macros and productivity enhancements. We hope to tailor new features to the requirements of our community, making the package the best, and most useful it can be.
We will be releasing changes incrementally, so you can reap the benefits as soon as features are developed.
Contribute to dbtvault¶
- Do you have some ideas? Let us know what you want added
- Want to contribute your own work? Read our contribution guidelines
We are developing a new CLI utility to generate and automate more of your Data Vault 2.0 and dbtvault project.
The planned features for this tool include:
- Generating documentation placeholders (YAML, Markdown)
- Generate dbtvault models (.sql files with calls to dbtvault macros).
- Plugins for enterprise tools such as Erwin DM, WhereScape, VaultSpeed and more, to generate dbtvault models.
Development is still ongoing, and is still in the very early stages. If you have any ideas, or are interested in hearing more, contact Datavault directly:
- We will be incrementally back-filling support for Google BigQuery and MSSQL Server v0.8.x versions
In future releases, we hope to include the following:
- Amazon Redshift
- Status Tracking Satellites
- Reference Tables
- Mart loading helpers
- And more!
- Specialised Data Vault 2.0 specific custom schema tests
- Effectivity Satellite improvements (simplification)
- Business vault structures and helper macros
- Water level loading mechanisms
- Ghost Record handling/support
- Collision keys
- More global configuration options (particularly around column naming)