With each release we will be adding more Data Vault 2.0 table templates, helpful macros and productivity enhancements. We hope to tailor new features to the requirements of our community, making the package the best, and most useful it can be.
We will be releasing changes incrementally, so you can reap the benefits as soon as features are developed.
Contribute to dbtvault¶
- Do you have some ideas? Let us know what you want added
- Want to contribute your own work? Read our contribution guidelines
Manage metadata at scale¶
We are developing an open-source CLI utility to generate documentation placeholders (YAML, Markdown) for the dbt docs site generated by dbt, to assist in documenting Data Vault systems generated by dbtvault.
We also have plans to extend this tool to:
- Generate dbtvault models
- Ingest metadata generated by tools such as Erwin DM, WhereScape and more, to fill in those documentation placeholders.
Development is still ongoing, and we are continually adding more and more features. If you have any ideas, or are interested in hearing more, contact Datavault directly via Slack or email.
Coming soon in v0.8.0¶
These features have been planned for the next major release.
Google BigQuery Support: Initially Hubs, Links and Satellites
We will incrementally build up big query support in v0.8.x versions
Google BigQuery Support
We're looking to add BigQuery support in the next version. If you'd like to contribute we are happy to consider pull requests. You can also join our slack and get involved, we have a channel specifically for it!
In future releases, we hope to include the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Amazon Redshift
- Status tracking satellites
- Point-in-Time tables (also known as PITs)
- Bridge tables
- Reference Tables
- Mart loading helpers
- And more!
- Specialised Data Vault 2.0 specific custom schema tests
- Global configuration options (particularly around column naming)